Wednesday, August 15, 2012

REVELATION!!

Over the last few weeks, I have come to realize many things.  First, I  realize that I am not on a DIET, I have made a change in my lifestyle.  I am coming to the end of this Body Transformation Contest, but my transformation is continuing.  My body has changed, but I am still working on my mind and how I think about food.  I don't have the cravings like I used to with sugar and with fast food, but I still associate certain events with food.  I have just began a new challenge thru the Chamber of Commerce.  There are two parts to it, a Lifestyle Challenge in which I do certain things that are on the score card to accumulate points and the other is an Ultimate Challenge, which is similar to the Body Challenges that I have doing.  (I know, how many can I do in a year?).  It just started 3 days ago and it will end right before Thanksgiving.  My first thought when I was considering these challenges was "I can't do it because my birthday is right in the middle of it".  Then is was "at least it's over right before Thanksgiving".  These are some mindsets that I need to work on.  My birthday can still be celebrated without pigging out and I can have a birthday meal and it won't mess me up.  You can indulge, as long as it isn't all the time.

My 2nd revelation is in regards to my strength.  I am a strong person to have changed my lifestyle for over 8 months.  I eat better, I workout harder, I play longer with my kids, I have more energy, I am more motivated, and I am happier.  It is not easy to not give in to temptation.  It is not easy to get up in the morning to go to the gym when I am tired.  It is not easy to do alot of things, but I know that I am a better person for staying strong.  Yes, I do slip, but I refocus and keep going.  I don't quit!

My 3rd revelation is "God does not give you more than you can handle"!  I have been given the opportunity to change.  He gave me three challenges in the same year!  I didn't want to do all three, but I need three to get me to my goal and to keep me focused, and to help me come these realizations.  I am a busy person, but I know I am strong enough to do everything and to have time for my family.  I had gotten to a bad place before I started my first challenge.  I was fat, unhealthy (GI problems and pre-diabetic), moody (hormonal problems), and a little lazy.  I didn't want to do some things with the kids because I got tired easily.

Another revelation?  Yes, I realize that without a reason, then I wouldn't have come to the other realizations.  My reason, I always come back to, is my family.  I want to be here for my family.  I want to meet (and play with) my grand kids.  I want to have a 50th wedding anniversary!

Although I have made great progress, I still have more to go.  I want to lose about 7% more of fat and probably about 10 lbs.  I have lost 30 pounds so far and it has all been fat,  I have kept all the muscle.  I look better, feel better, and I am better!

No comments:

Post a Comment