Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Challenge!

It has been awhile since I have added anything.  Since the end of last year's contest, I am sorry to report that I reverted to old habits.  I didn't watch what I ate or how much, I didn't exercise like I should have and what was the outcome??  You guessed it!  I put back on all the weight I had taken 9 months to lose.  Yes, I said ALL the weight!  I am ashamed of myself!  So what happened you may ask?  A few things.  I didn't have the accountability of a challenge/contest, my trainer moved away, I gave into temptation, and it was winter.    Are any of these good reasons?  NO!!! But it happened and I can't blame anyone but myself.  

I was going to start another Body Challenge at the gym this past January, in fact I started it, but I wasn't committed so I didn't finish.  Again, I am ashamed of myself because I am not a quitter or a loser.  So, what has changed?  A newly, regained sense of commitment for being healthy.  I want to be healthy! I want my kids to be healthy!  I want to live a long time, being able to play with my kids.  Those reasons why I returned to old habits are still there, but I'm not allowing them to dictate how I'm going to live.  

Last Thursday I started a Summer Challenge thru Tom Venuto's website www.burnthefatinnercircle.com and although it is tough seeing the before pictures and measurements, it is necessary.  Not only for the contest rules, but for a reality check!  Seeing those pictures disgusts me and I can't believe I walk around like this.  Not for long though!  Today is Day 8/Week 2 and I have lost 6 lbs and 1.8% body fat (pretty much all fat - no muscle)!!  I have also lost inches EVERYWHERE!  Woo-hoo!!  I feel so much better this week.  I'm eating clean, drinking tons of water, exercising more intense, and NOT EATING OUT!  As my husband says, "When mommy is on a diet, EVERYONE is on a diet!"  That's a good thing too.  My kids are eating healthier and learning healthy habits.  My husband has lost weight also.

What am I doing to improve myself?  I set my calories at 1500 calories with a 40% Protein, 40% Carb, 20% Fat.  It is working pretty good!  I haven't felt deprived, except from the sugar cravings.  I just changed my plan to 1400 calories a day with same percentages, so we'll see how I feel this week.  I am using the program, www.myfitnesspal.com as well as www.fitbit.com to keep me on track throughout the day.  I log all my food, water, and exercise into www.myfitnesspal.com.  It also syncs with my fitbit (a pedometer, but better) www.fitbit.com so my steps are incorporated too. 

I will be continuing to post updates to how I am doing on this challenge with my struggles as well as my accomplishments.  I write this blog not to brag about how well I'm doing, but to make myself accountable to all of you who read this and to let you know that you can accomplish your goals too, whatever they may be!!  Just don't give up!  If you have a set-back, that's ok.  Re-adjust and keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment