Thursday, March 22, 2012

The End is near!!

The End is near!  End of the challenge anyway.  I have 2 1/2 weeks left before I take the "after" pictures, measurements, and bodyfat.  It seems like it's been forever since I started this Body Challenge, but then again, it seems like its too soon to be over.  I haven't done as well as I wanted to, but I have been steadily losing weight and inches and bodyfat.  As of last Monday, I had lost 13 lbs, 7% bodyfat, and 3.5 inches around my middle.  Doing the calculations, I have gained muscle while losing fat!!!  That is why I'm not seeing the number drop as quickly on the scale. 
Thru the end of the Challenge I will be doing 2 Bootcamps and 2 personal training sessions each week.  I have been doing 2 Bootcamps but only 1 PT, but the time has come to pick up the intensity.  I did the Monday Bootcamp and the focus was on the Core (and I sure did feel it Tuesday...and even today).  Tuesday I met with my trainer and we did a Kettle Bell workout.  It was the first time I had ever used Kettle Bells.  I really like it! It definitely worked different muscles.  Tonight I go for my 2nd Bootcamp, I'm looking forward to it.  Then tomorrow I see my trainer again for a one-on-one!  Wow!  I better see a difference from this!!  I was telling Ben that I thought I would be self-conscience about doing these workouts because I thought people would be watching, but once I started I didn't care about anyone else in the gym.  I workout hard and I don't pay attention to anyone else. 
As far as my diet, well....it could be better.  I don't overeat, I'm not eating enough!  And I'm  not eating enough protein either.  If I don't consciously think about it, I could go a day without taking in any protein.  130 grams is my goal.  That's 5-6 protein shakes! 
I will continue after this challenge is over to do the Bootcamp training and I will continue to CONSCIOUSLY make better food choices.  I love food so it is its own challenge for me.  I'm looking at this as a change in lifestyle not a diet.  A "diet" insinuates that it is temporary.  I'm not making a temporary change, I'm making a life change!  I also want to be a good role model for my kids and those who I come into contact with. 
Time for Protein....

No comments:

Post a Comment